VM Dafoe manufactures stuffing boxes in Bronze and Aluminum. The Bronze stuffing boxes are cast to our patterns. Aluminum stuffing boxes are machined from the finest Marine Grade of Aluminum for greater corrosion resistance and wearability.
BRONZE STUFFING BOXES – Two styles available:
- The “Shaft Log” stuffing box, using a hose connection.
- The “Standard” stuffing box, with a square base flange.
ALUMINUM STUFFING BOXES – Two styles available:
- The “Hose Plunger” stuffing box which is self-aligning, using a hose connection.
- The “Weld-On” stuffing box; the body is custom turned to suit the required pipe size.
RUDDER STUFFING BOXES – Two types available:
- “Bronze Rudder Stuffing Boxes” are cast from our patterns. They have a square base and various lengths of spigots to suit all types of applications. The spigot is threaded and a bottom nut is supplied.
- “Aluminum Rudder Stuffing Boxes” are machined from Marine Aluminum. The top has a 2 stud plunging type packing gland. The bottom has a piece of Marine Bearing installed to give extra support.